If you are thinking about adding your own list of car makes/models, that’s possible, please see the recommendations as follows.
There is a tool called “Import carproducers”, integrated within our automotive CarDealer WordPress theme, where you can import your own car models (see the screenshot attached)
There is a file named carproducers.dat. It’s located within “tmm_db_migrate” plugin directory. Full path: tmm_db_migrate/cardealer/carproducers.dat. It contains a full list of default preset car makes and their models along with all other necessary data.
To make that file human readable, you’ll have to unserialize the content and then convert it to .csv format. I’m including the .csv file for your reference as a sample.
In order to add your own can makes and models please proceed with the following instructions:
- create a .csv file, add your makes and models according to the structure as in the attached sample file;
- convert it to the JSON file. You can use the following online converter to do so: https://json-csv.com/reverse
- serialize your JSON file (you can do it here: https://www.onlinewebtoolkit.com/unserialize) and give the received file a name “carproducers.dat”
- upload it to tmm_db_migrate/cardealer/carproducers.dat (replace with that default one)
- head to the Theme Options -> Import/Export, choose “import carproducers” radio button and click “Import Carproducers”
Leave A Comment